How To Pray For Your Leaders
Ruth lays out a case for what and why we should pray for our civic leaders. She then shares what happens if we don't pray.
Prayer for Leaders
(I noticed that your children practice Sword Drills in Sunday school, so I have one for you tonight. I prefer to speak from God’s words than my own.)
Why pray for our leaders?
- II Chronicles 7:14 “If my people….
- I Tim 2:1-2 “I urge, then, first of all, that requests, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for everyone__for kings and all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness.”
- Romans 13:1 “Everyone must submit himself....
But does it make any difference?
I John 5:14-15 “This is the confidence we have in……
Okay, so what should I pray for?
- Care and Cooperation: “Love the Lord your God with……..
- Criminal Justice: I Peter 2:13 “Submit yourselves for the Lord’s sake to every authority instituted among men; whether to the king, as the supreme authority, or to governors, who are sent by him to punish those who do wrong and to commend those who do right.”
- Social Justice: Is. 58: 6-11 “Is this the kind of fasting...
- Wisdom: James 1:5 “If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him.”
What happens if I don’t cover my leaders with prayer? (A final word from history.)
Ezek 22:30 “I looked for a man……
Will you stand in the gap with prayer?